Responses from the 2016 GO survey, which asked students ‘Tell us your thoughts about the job hunting process‘.
- I feel that there are great opportunities out there for graduates, however it is extremely competitive and that is where all resources are invaluable!
- I was very overwhelmed with the amount of information available on the current job market. Graduate Opportunities helped in outlining some top career opportunities.
- use free resources such as GO! Thank you for the tips GO team!
- The job market is tough so toughen up! If rejected, bounce back up and go again!
- Take time with your application including tailoring the letter and CV to your target.
- Knowledge and experience are compulsory, yet it is who you know that makes a difference, so always be prepared to meet people and advocate for yourself.
- Clean up your social media footprint! I guarantee you most employers seem to check it!
- It’s out there – so you have to get out there too – to find it. Become visible, start talking, think positive and keep looking, think laterally.