Responses from the 2012 GO survey, which asked students ‘Tell us your thoughts about the job hunting process‘.
- I feel that there are great opportunities out there for graduates, however it is extremely competitive and that is where all resources are invaluable!
- I was very overwhelmed with the amount of information available on the current job market. Graduate Opportunities helped in outlining some top career opportunities.
- Amazed after 20 years of education it’s still difficult to start a career! All part of the long process… Thank you for the tips GradOpp!
- The job market is like going to a grocery market. You have to look everywhere to look for what is suitable for you.
- The job market; like a hidden treasure; bestows rewards to those who search and ultimately persevere.
- Knowledge and experience are compulsory, yet it is who you know that makes a difference, so always be prepared to meet people and advocate for yourself.
- No stress! Apply for everything – see what I get! You have to be in it to win it.
- It’s out there – so you have to get out there too – to find it. Become visible, start talking, think positive and keep looking, think laterally.