Win a week’s paid internship and see your design on books across the country – Graduate Opportunities (GO) are searching for a student to create a brand new front cover for our 2015 directory!
Open to all students studying on-shore at an Australian higher education institution.
Graduate Opportunities is Australia’s iconic, not-for-profit graduate jobs directory, created to assist the career searches of Uni students just like you.
This competition opens on Monday 11th August and concludes at 11:59pm Sunday 5th October, 2014.
Last year’s winner was Jess Aquilina from University of Newcastle. She worked a fully paid week with us sharpening her design skills and getting a great reference for future design work with us and others. Here’s what Jess had to say about her design for Graduate Opportunities 2014:
The Graduate Opportunities (GO) cover design for 2014 is highly reflective of the employment opportunities and connections that GO offers to graduating students. The bright colours are eye catching and attention grabbing, highlighting the excitement of graduating and all the vibrant emotions that follow. The overlapping quotation marks symbolise networking, communication and the transfer of knowledge and advice between GO and graduating students. Individually, the pink quotation emphasises the connections between GO, employers and students and how GO presents students with industry profiles and previous student experiences. The yellow quotation highlights the career advice, job searches and graduate programs GO offers, whilst the blue quotation mark signifies the information about study and employment opportunities as well as application assistance
Jess also made a promo design for this year’s competition (we used a bit of it in the image above) and the design for Graduate Opportunities‘ companion directory, Undergraduate Opportunities during her internship! Now Jess is working for a creative studio, citing her work with GO in her resume. You can view Jess’s designs for Graduate Opportunities 2014 here and see her professional portfolio here.
All submitted designs must adhere to the following template and content requirements.
- Actual dimensions of the front cover are 240(h) x 170(w) mm. The design must be submitted in portrait orientation and must be optimised to support the cover size at the final stage of production.
- Incorporate the Graduate Opportunities branding colours (pink and yellow) as prominent parts of the design:
- Pink: C: 0 M: 86 Y: 0 K: 0
- Yellow: C: 4 M: 1 Y: 94 K: 0
- The design is open for creativity and can be designed with photographs, illustration or graphics.
The GO, GCA and endorsement logos must be prominent in all submitted designs. Please refer to the 2014 GO cover design for an example of logo placement and prominence.
- Must include the Graduate Opportunities logo. (A high .png version of the logo can be found here)
- Must include the Graduate Careers Australia (GCA) logo. (A .png version of logo can be found here)
- Must include Facebook and Twitter icons.
- Development of a new tagline (optional) – 2014 example: ‘Australia’s premier graduate jobs directory’.
- Space must be left for endorsement logos of Universities Australia and NAGCAS. Logos will be available to the winning intern.
- Your design MUST be original. You must be able to prove that you either made the image yourself or have appropriate licences/permissions to use elements of it.
How to enter
- Submit your design/s via the online submission form below between 11th August – 5th October (11:59pm).
- Designs must be submitted in low resolution files, preferably in .JPEG format and must not exceed 1MB in size.
- A minimum of one (1) design must be submitted.
- Any questions in relation to this competition can be sent to: email@example.com
- To read the full Terms and Conditions of this competition, please click here.
This prize is subject to terms and conditions.
- The winning design will be the front cover of Graduate Opportunities 2015, circulated to over 40,000 students across Australia.
- The winning designer will also receive a one week paid internship at Graduate Careers Australia (GCA) to complete the production of their front design, as well as full acknowledgement of their artwork within the publication and be given the opportunity to quote for further design work at GCA.
- The Graduate Careers Australia office is based in Melbourne and remote networking will be provided for any interstate student winner.