Mars Australia offers a unique and comprehensive Graduate Program.
Unlike many other Graduate Programs, which offer a rotational type program where Graduates are constantly changing roles, teams and environments, Mars offer a program with real jobs, and real responsibility from day one. You will be given the opportunity to contribute to your team and the businesses performance from the beginning.
Some of the key features of the Mars Australia Graduate Program include:
A Comprehensive Orientation and Induction:
We dedicate a full week to bring you up to speed on the overall Mars Graduate Program, you will also get the chance to meet other Graduates, and hear from some of Mars Australia’s Senior Managers.
Enrolment in Mars University:
The Mars Graduate Program partners with the Australian Institute of Management and is unique to the Mars University. The Mars Graduate Program has been designed to provide training programs that will fast track your development in order to prime you to be future leaders of our business.
Over the 2-year graduate program, you will undergo a series of 8 compulsory core-training courses along with training courses specific to their area of the business. You also receive membership with the Australian Institute of Management.
We understand that starting a new job and moving to new town or city is not an easy step for anyone, that’s why we feel that it is important that each graduate is assigned a buddy at the beginning of their graduate program. Our Buddy’s are past graduates, as they understand first hand what it was like to be new on the scene and the things that are important for new graduates to know when they start. By using past graduates as the Buddy there is an instant familiarity between the two people and this enables you to more easily integrate into the business.
There are seven disciplines available in the Mars Australia Graduate Program. You can apply for one or multiple disciplines, however we recommend only applying for disciplines relevant to your studies. Please note that some disciplines such as Research and Development, Engineering and Purchasing, all take students from similar backgrounds i.e. Engineering. We therefore recommend you read each of the discipline profiles before applying.
Qualifications we look for:
- Accounting & Finance: Finance, Accounting, Economics or other similar studies.
- Engineering: Any Engineering discipline however please note that we offer only Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Industrial Engineering roles.
- Logistics: Business/Commerce, Supply Chain Management, Finance or Accounting, Agriculture, Economics, plus other related studies.
- Research and Development: Any Applied Science and Technology (including Food Science), Chemical Engineering and Environmental studies.
- Purchasing: Business/Commerce, International Business, Animal science, Agricultural Science, Environmental studies and Engineering.
- Sales and Marketing: Most degree disciplines are welcome, however Business related or Marketing studies are favourable. Graduates will join Mars in a Sales Graduate role to gain valuable exposure and insight into our products and consumers. On many occasions we have had Sales Graduates move into Marketing roles however please note this is not a rotation program and the timings around moving into a Marketing role will depend on openings, which become available and the progress of the Graduate. We do however use our Sales Graduates as the talent pipeline for Marketing.
- Human Resources: Human Resources, Business/Commerce, Arts, Psychology, Communications or related studies.
Closing date for Mars Graduate Program is 28th March 2012
Please note: Mars Australia will only accept applications from Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.