I joined the Unilever Future Leaders Program (UFLP) in the Customer Development (CD) Function, straight after graduating from a double degree in International Business and Japanese. Personally, I have a passion for travelling whilst professionally, I really want to develop myself to become a strong business leader.
My Experience at Unilever
Being an UFLP Graduate in CD has been a rollercoaster journey from day one. My current role as the Assistant Category Manager – Ice Cream involves working with exciting brands like Streets and Ben & Jerry’s. I work across teams and have real responsibilities to ensure best customer strategies are in place.
In this 3 year program, not only will I be doing different roles within CD across field, customer accounts and category management, I will also have an amazing opportunity to explore markets overseas with a 6 months international stint in Indonesia! Being in Unilever, the involvement and support of the senior management team in my development has inspired me the most. I believe the balanced focus on both technical learning’s and leadership skills will set me up for a great long term career path at Unilever.
My best advice for you
My top 5 tips:
- Feel free to create and own the development opportunities that inspire you.
- Have the balance between confidence and humility.
- One of my Unilever mentors said to me early on, “Do what you love, love what you do.” It’s true.
- Be honest and don’t be afraid to voice the desire to develop your weaknesses.
- Be yourself, and stay true to your values.